Olson, Walter, Firing Squad: In the gun litigation wars, who really speaks for federalism?, Reason Online (May 1999), and Big Guns, Reason Online (October 1999).Current Lawsuit News
Tracinski, Robert W., An Unjust Assault on Guns, Los Angeles Daily News (February 7, 1999).
Sullum, Jacob, Nuisance Suits, Reason Online (November 18, 1998).
Levy, Robert A., Gun Lawsuits Are No Business Of Congress, Cato Institute (June 14, 2002).
Gallant, Paul, The "Marginal Relevance" of Saving Lives, The Rockland Journal-News (January 24, 1999).
The Smith & Wesson Agreement
Summary of recent firearms litigation cases.
Overlawyered.com: Firearms litigation resources and commentary.
- Agreement Between Smith & Wesson and the Departments of the Treasury and Housing and Urban Development, Local Governments and States - The agreement itself.
- Smith & Wesson: A Clarification - Smith & Wesson explains their agreement, but [i]s gun maker's deal with U.S. off target? - The Clinton administration doesn't like Smith & Wesson's interpretation of the agreement.
- Smith & Wesson's Faustian Bargain - Attorney, David Kopel "decodes" the deal.
- Plaintiff's Lawyers Take Aim at Democracy - An op-ed piece from the Wall Street Journal.
- Gun Owners of America Announces Boycott of Clinton & Wesson -- Sell-out worse than originally reported - The gun rights group's reaction and a follow-up.